IX edition of the MSc in RPAS, from mini to heavy, from short to ultra long range
The Master is taught jointly at the facilities of the University of Huelva and the CEUS-CEDEA center, the largest and best equipped complex for testing, training and assembly of unmanned aircraft in Europe. We guarantee 100% of our students training and professional insertion in the most dynamic companies within the sector, as well as practical instruction to obtain the Remote Pilot Certificate (Open A1/A2/A3 Category and Specific Category STS)
From 2023, university professionals in the field of RPAS will be required by the CEUS-CEDEA complex and the ecosystem of companies developed around it. Do you want to be one of them?
- Duration: 900 hours
- Limited places: 30
- Skills training
Become a part of the innovation in the aerospace industry and get educated with the best companies in the sector.
Welcome to the Master’s degree in Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS), which is recognized as an own title of the University of Huelva. The Master is taught in the facilities of the University and within the CEUS-CEDEA center, the largest and best equipped in Europe. The only place in Europe where you will receive the highest quality training in drones beyond the multicopters of a few kg. Specifically, MALE and HALE drones over 10 tons. Our Master of Science degree, which is a pioneer education in Spain and continental Europe since 2014, specializes in all types of RPAS from mini (grams) to heavy (tons), from short (m) to long range (thousands of km). This Master program has as one of its priorities the professional development of the students in the RPAS/Drone sector, and we aim to serve as a bridge between the University and the industry. Its main objective is to integrate RPAS specialists into the CEUS-CEDEA complex, the surrounding ecosystem of companies and the national and international aeronautical sector. Our teachers, with the highest academic and professional qualifications, come from the Universities of Huelva and Seville, the Spanish National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA), of the Ministry of Defense and leading international entities.
Through a personalized guidance, this Master focuses on what a professional should know before joining a company or creating your own: entrepreneurship, teamwork, creativity, attitude. We will help you find your personal mark as well as introduce you in the most relevant entities related to the aerospace industry.
History, present and future of RPAS
- Origin of RPAS
- Analysis of an emerging sector
- Professional projection
Ensure your future work in the RPAS/UAS industry
Frequently Asked Questions
The recommended profile for admission to the Master’s degree is to be in possession of a university degree in engineering, science or equivalent. However, the Academic Committee of the Master may consider other academic qualifications required for admission, prior student curriculum analysis.
For those students who have finished their undergraduate studies but does not have the diploma in engineering degree, bachelor of science or equivalent, the Academic Committee of the Master may authorize the student’s enrolment. Nevertheless, once they pass the Master may not apply for the diploma until they provide the official documentation certifying income qualifications.
The Master has a duration of 900h including classroom activities, laboratory practices at the National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA), on-site visits to companies in the sector and internships.
- Design and building of civil and military RPAS.
- Propulsion, power and energy sources.
- Control, navigation and simulation systems.
- Avionics, communications and networks.
- Civil and military Payloads.
- Operations and maintenance of civil and military RPAS.
- Regulations, qualification and certification of RPAS.
- Remote Pilot.
- Business development and entrepreneurship.
The Master includes a personalized guidance to help you find your professional goals in the aerospace sector.
The main goal of this period of 350h is to provide you with specialised training and to introduce you in the professional market. Indeed, all the promotions of the Master show that around 90% of our graduates are hired after the completion of the program in those companies were they carried out the practical learning, as well as the Master Project, which is directed by the company and usually focused on new developments or projects of common interest.
Each edition of the Master allows a maximum of 30 people in order to ensure the educational quality of the activities, practices and laboratories at the National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA). Also, this small number of people allows to ensure that all students have guaranteed their training, development and investigation activities in the companies in which the Master has an agreement of internship.
Upon pre-registration, the student must submit the documentation regarding his / her university education and curriculum vitae. Once it is analysed by the Academic Committee of the Master, the student has order of preference to carry out the enrolment. The student is continually updated about the process.
The academic activities at the University of Huelva and at the National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA) start in October and end in the month of May of the following year. From then and until December of that year, the students are training in companies and developing a Master’s Degree Final Project.
- Know the structure and composition of the atmosphere.
- Know the horizontal and vertical variation experienced by meteorological variables.
- Know at a planetary level the atmospheric dynamics.
- Understand weather maps to different topographies.
- Knowledge of the general principles that describe atmospheric flight.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of studying the RPAS Flight Mechanics.
- Ability to calculate RPAS performances.
- Ability to analyze the balancing and control of the RPAS.
- Ability to analyze the stability of the RPAS.
- Ability to analyze the dynamic response of the RPAS.
- Ability to calculate and optimize trajectories of RPAS.
- Ability to plan a flight.
- Know models to describe the axial and advance flight of RPAS rotary wing.
- Ability to analyze the RPAS performances of rotating wing.
- Ability to analyze the stability of the movement of an RPAS rotating wing.
- Analyze which is the most suitable propulsion system according to the characteristics of the flight.
- Calculate and analyze the quality and performance parameters of the propulsive systems.
- Knowledge of the basic functional elements of the Air Navigation System.
- Knowledge of sustainability, maintainability and operability of air navigation systems.
- Knowledge of the air circulation system (air traffic management).
- Applied knowledge of cartography.
- Knowledge of RPAS types, their classification, typology, applications, industry and market.
- Knowledge of photovoltaic systems and fuel cells.
- Be able to design photovoltaic and fuel cell systems.
- Knowledge at a functional level of batteries and supercapacitors.
- Be able to design hybrid renewable energy systems.
- Know and understand the principles and aerodynamic models of application to RPAS.
- Know and understand the particularities concerning energy and power plants for RPAS.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of application in the airspace.
- Knowledge of the problems of RPAS integration in the airspace and its environments.
- Know the systems to detect and avoid collisions and operational procedures.
- Know the surface operations for the RPAS.
- Know the STANAG regulations for RPAS.
- Know the qualification processes for RPAS.
- Know the certification processes for RPAS.
- Knowledge and management of avionics shipped in an RPAS.
- Knowledge of the design phases of an RPAS and its manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of operations and specific maintenance techniques for RPAS.
- Knowledge of fault diagnosis and error tolerance control.
- Knowledge of the advanced applications of the RPAS.
- Knowledge of data fusion systems and integration of application sensors in RPAS.
- Knowledge of automatic flight control systems.
- Knowledge and control of specific operations and landing and takeoff for RPAS.
- Knowledge of the working of autonomous systems.
- Knowledge of RPAS in cooperation.
- Knowledge and management of simulators.
- Knowledge and management of RPAS ground control systems.
- Knowledge and management of the launching systems and recovery modes for RPAS.
- Knowledge of modeling and simulation of RPAS in the air.
- Knowledge and management of communication systems and application networks in RPAS.
- Knowledge and boarding of payloads for RPAS.
- Attending seminars taught by experienced professionals and guided through a personalized professional orientation.
- Practical training to obtain the remote pilot certificate (Open A1/A2/A3 Category and Specific Category STS).
Basic information about Data Protection: Your data will be stored in different sufficiently protected files, for which the University of Huelva is responsible. The purpose with which your data is collected is the management of the different requests for contact or registration in our courses, being legitimized by your consent given to provide your data and for the execution of the contract in case of subscription of services, without your data being transferred to any third party except legal obligation, although your data will be processed by third parties such as the Hosting server and email, which will be Webempresa and Google Analytics to improve the web experience. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification or deletion, limitation and opposition to treatment. For more detailed information you can access our Data Protection Policy.