The specific objectives reached by the students after completing this Master will be flexible, in the sense that the students will have the chance to increase their knowledge about several aspects of the wide range of technologies related to the field of RPAS during the period of training in our collaborating Companies/Organizations. As well as during the development of the Master Thesis in the Companies/Organizations facilities. In summary, the specific objectives reached will be the following:
- To have basic knowledge about atmosphere and meteorology.
- To acquire knowledge about meteorology applied to aviation.
- To know atmospheric forecast resources as well as to interpret them.
- To know the origin and development of the RPAS.
- To know the concept and components of the RPAS.
- To know the most usual missions of the RPAS.
- To know and be able to classify the RPAS into categories.
- To know the industry and market of the RPAS.
- To understand the basis of the generation of the propulsion power in the aircraft.
- To understand how the RPAS fly, in every phase of the flight.
- To analyze the performances of the RPAS.
- To understand the basis of the photovoltaic and fuel cell systems.
- To understand the basis of the batteries and supercondensers.
- To be able to design renewable energy hybrid systems.
- To know the propulsion systems for the RPAS.
- To know the special features of the RPAS power plants.
- To be able to control a RPAS.
- To know the techniques and systems to control the RPAS.
- To analyze the stability of the RPAS.
- To understand how the RPAS reacts to the activation of control surfaces.
- To analyze flight trajectories.
- To analyze flight operations.
- To know the processes and procedures of design, development and assembly of RPAS.
- To know the modeling and simulation techniques for RPAS.
- To understand the basis of the flight of rotary wing RPAS and its special features.
- To know the HAPS Systems. Operations.
- To know the techniques, procedures and systems of aerial navigation.
- To understand how the different navigation systems work.
- To be able to make a route planning.
- To know the basis of the electrical and electronical systems on board RPAS.
- To know and be able to board correctly the payloads of RPAS.
- To know the communication systems and networks for RPAS and its rules and laws.
- To know the rules and regulations for the integration of RPAS in the airspace.
- To know the systems for the integration of the RPAS in the airspace.
- To know the rules and procedures for the qualification and certification of the RPAS.
- To know the techniques and procedures for the maintenance of the RPAS.
- To know the advanced applications of the RPAS and their trends for the future.
- To know the techniques of compression and fusion of data for application to the RPAS.
- To know and be able to handle RPAS simulators.
- To know the distribution, equipment, uses and functions of RPAS ground stations.
- To be able to complete an engineering project in the field of RPAS.
- Attending seminars taught by experienced professionals and being guided through a personalized professional orientation.
Frequently Asked Questions
The recommended profile for admission to the Master’s degree is to be in possession of a university degree in engineering, science or equivalent. However, the Academic Committee of the Master may consider other academic qualifications required for admission, prior student curriculum analysis.
For those students who have finished their undergraduate studies but does not have the diploma in engineering degree, bachelor of science or equivalent, the Academic Committee of the Master may authorize the student’s enrolment. Nevertheless, once they pass the Master may not apply for the diploma until they provide the official documentation certifying income qualifications.
48% of the academic activities are taught in-person at the Higher Technical School of Engineering of the University of Huelva (“El Carmen” Campus) in downtown Huelva (Spain) and within the CEDEA-CEUS Center of the National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA) in Mazagón, Huelva. The remaining 52% of the activities are carried out in the companies that share an agreement with the Master, which are leading companies in the RPAS/UAS sector at global scale.
The Master has a duration of 900h including classroom activities, laboratory practices at the National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA), on-site visits to companies in the sector and internships.
- Design and building of civil and military RPAS.
- Propulsion, power and energy sources.
- Control, navigation and simulation systems.
- Avionics, communications and networks.
- Civil and military Payloads.
- Operations and maintenance of civil and military RPAS.
- Regulations, qualification and certification of RPAS.
- Business development and entrepreneurship.
The Master includes a personalized guidance to help you find your professional goals in the aerospace sector.
The Master has a cost of € 8,000, which can be paid in three installments. This cost covers all the expenses of the student during the academic course, including practical trips.
The main goal of this period of 350h is to provide you with specialised training and to introduce you in the professional market. Indeed, all the promotions of the Master show that around 90% of our graduates are hired after the completion of the program in those companies were they carried out the practical learning, as well as the Master Project, which is directed by the company and usually focused on new developments or projects of common interest.
Each edition of the Master allows a maximum of 30 people in order to ensure the educational quality of the activities, practices and laboratories at the National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA). Also, this small number of people allows to ensure that all students have guaranteed their training, development and investigation activities in the companies in which the Master has an agreement of internship.
Upon pre-registration, the student must submit the documentation regarding his / her university education and curriculum vitae. Once it is analysed by the Academic Committee of the Master, the student has order of preference to carry out the enrolment. The student is continually updated about the process.
The academic activities at the University of Huelva and at the National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA) start in October and end in the month of May of the following year. From then and until December of that year, the students are training in companies and developing a Master’s Degree Final Project.
- Know the structure and composition of the atmosphere.
- Know the horizontal and vertical variation experienced by meteorological variables.
- Know at a planetary level the atmospheric dynamics.
- Understand weather maps to different topographies.
- Knowledge of the general principles that describe atmospheric flight.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of studying the RPAS Flight Mechanics.
- Ability to calculate RPAS performances.
- Ability to analyze the balancing and control of the RPAS.
- Ability to analyze the stability of the RPAS.
- Ability to analyze the dynamic response of the RPAS.
- Ability to calculate and optimize trajectories of RPAS.
- Ability to plan a flight.
- Know models to describe the axial and advance flight of RPAS rotary wing.
- Ability to analyze the RPAS performances of rotating wing.
- Ability to analyze the stability of the movement of an RPAS rotating wing.
- Analyze which is the most suitable propulsion system according to the characteristics of the flight.
- Calculate and analyze the quality and performance parameters of the propulsive systems.
- Knowledge of the basic functional elements of the Air Navigation System.
- Knowledge of sustainability, maintainability and operability of air navigation systems.
- Knowledge of the air circulation system (air traffic management).
- Applied knowledge of cartography.
- Knowledge of RPAS types, their classification, typology, applications, industry and market.
- Knowledge of photovoltaic systems and fuel cells.
- Be able to design photovoltaic and fuel cell systems.
- Knowledge at a functional level of batteries and supercapacitors.
- Be able to design hybrid renewable energy systems.
- Know and understand the principles and aerodynamic models of application to RPAS.
- Know and understand the particularities concerning energy and power plants for RPAS.
- Know the HAPS Systems. Operations.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of application in the airspace.
- Knowledge of the problems of RPAS integration in the airspace and its environments.
- Know the systems to detect and avoid collisions and operational procedures.
- Know the surface operations for the RPAS.
- Know the STANAG regulations for RPAS.
- Know the qualification processes for RPAS.
- Know the certification processes for RPAS.
- Knowledge and management of avionics shipped in an RPAS.
- Knowledge of the design phases of an RPAS and its manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of operations and specific maintenance techniques for RPAS.
- Knowledge of fault diagnosis and error tolerance control.
- Knowledge of the advanced applications of the RPAS.
- Knowledge of data fusion systems and integration of application sensors in RPAS.
- Knowledge of automatic flight control systems.
- Knowledge and control of specific operations and landing and takeoff for RPAS.
- Knowledge of the working of autonomous systems.
- Knowledge of RPAS in cooperation.
- Knowledge and management of simulators.
- Knowledge and management of RPAS ground control systems.
- Knowledge and management of the launching systems and recovery modes for RPAS.
- Knowledge of modeling and simulation of RPAS in the air.
- Knowledge and management of communication systems and application networks in RPAS.
- Knowledge and boarding of payloads for RPAS.
- Attending seminars taught by experienced professionals and guided through a personalized professional orientation.
Basic information about Data Protection: Your data will be stored in different sufficiently protected files, for which the University of Huelva is responsible. The purpose with which your data is collected is the management of the different requests for contact or registration in our courses, being legitimized by your consent given to provide your data and for the execution of the contract in case of subscription of services, without your data being transferred to any third party except legal obligation, although your data will be processed by third parties such as the Hosting server and email, which will be Webempresa and Google Analytics to improve the web experience. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification or deletion, limitation and opposition to treatment. For more detailed information you can access our Data Protection Policy.